Heartland Flyer woes?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that you Okies should really be proud of OKC. What a fun town to visit. That is a big compliment from a rural redneck that abhors crowded cities. The Amtrak station right there within walking distance to hotels and interesting attractions is a HUGE bonus!

I grew up in Oklahoma. I haven't been back to visit though in a very long time, even though most of my extended family still lives there. It's also been a long time since I heard anything so nice about OKC. I had read that the downtown area has been significatnly revitalized. I kinda feel like it's time to go back for a visit. Hell, my kids have never even been to where I spent the first 19 years of my life.

As to bustitution, yeah it pretty much sucks. Especially when you paid for a ticket on a train. As an Amtrak employee in Spokane, WA I'm very familiar with bussing. No one is ever happy about it. I can say though that the decision to terminate a train and substitute a bus isn't made lightly. It can be logistically challenging and very costly to lease buses, feed people and refund thousands of dollars for lost accomadations and vouchers for unsatisfied customers. It's only done when there is just no other option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've experienced a few FTW-Norman Bustitutions in Motorcoaches, Taxi Vans and even a Suburban Limo and none were too bad, even though I have beaten that 35 Corridor to death. But it is always nice to have someone else doing the driving, though the train is always better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back