Hello all!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel City Don

Service Attendant
Hello all! My name is Don. I'm an EMT and volunteer Firefighter. I'm 35 and from Pittsburgh, Pa. Always loved trains as a kid and in 2009 I rode one with my girlfriend and son for the first time, We have taken the Amtrak 3 times now for a round trip Pittsburgh to Chicago to Bloomington/Normal.

I saw this forum and was excited to join!!! I am a Moderator and Administrator to many other forums.

Any questions? Please feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
From Pittsburgh?
huh.gif
We won't hold it against you!
laugh.gif

Really Don, welcome to AU!
hi.gif

As you said, if YOU have any questions, please ask. And if you can provide any information, please do!
smile.gif

Thanks all!

I have a question. There is an online "Amtrak train tracker" online. Anybody ever seen this???

I have it saved as a favorite and it is very neat...

Welcome to the forum, Don! I have an uncle who lives between Bloomington and Champaign, and every year I fly from my home here in Washington to his, and we take a long-distance Amtrak journey. I've been to the Bloomington station many times.

As for the train tracker, is this what you're referring to? Amtrak status maps

That is it! I check that daily to see how the Illinois trains and the Capital Limited and Pennsylvanian are running. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, but lived a year in Illinois, Union station is huge..lol. I like the Bloomington/Normal one too, but its not that big. The station here in Pittsburgh is a pretty decent size for only having 2 trains out of it.

Volunteer firefighter in Pittsburgh, a large city with numerous calls a year? I'm a volunteer firefighter/EMT in rural area of eastern New Mexico.

Welcome!
I shall rephrase it. Outside of Pittsburgh, Pa.......the city is paid. My Fire department is quiet actually..lol

Back