Hello and question from a new member

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! I am so happy to have discovered this site and forum. I have been a train fanatic since birth practically. I grew up with Monons, Southerns, B&O/C&O, Pennsy/NYC, all coming through my hometown. My dad and I used to chase trains on weekends and I did the same with my own child. Now my question.
My wife and I are taking the Cali Zephyr from Galesburg Ill to Emeryville Cal. next week. We are being forced to drive 5 hrs to Galesburg (no train in our area), will our vehicle be safe while parked at the station for the week and a half we will be away? Is there a secure parking lot near the station? Thanks for the help.

Hello all! I am so happy to have discovered this site and forum. I have been a train fanatic since birth practically. I grew up with Monons, Southerns, B&O/C&O, Pennsy/NYC, all coming through my hometown. My dad and I used to chase trains on weekends and I did the same with my own child. Now my question.
My wife and I are taking the Cali Zephyr from Galesburg Ill to Emeryville Cal. next week. We are being forced to drive 5 hrs to Galesburg (no train in our area), will our vehicle be safe while parked at the station for the week and a half we will be away? Is there a secure parking lot near the station? Thanks for the help.
Welcome, and you'll have no trouble Parking in Galesburg. Just talk with the Agent when you arrive and they'll advise on where the Best spot to leave your Car Long Term is.

Lots of our members have done this with no problems.Plenty of good spots close by to eat too!

Not sure of the Museum Status with COVID, but if it's Open ( it's in the Station Building next to the Amtrak Waiting Room) its worth getting there early to see it!

Back