Hello from Cajun Country!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrak Cajun

OBS Chief
Hello Amtrak Unlimited,

My name is Anthony, and I am from Lafayette Louisiana. I may be a newbie to AU, but I am not a newbie to riding Amtrak, I will gladly help anyone that needs help with Amtrak schedules, train info, and whatever else I can do to help.

I have lurked here on AU for about say, oh 3 years or so. I always enjoy reading the forums and seeing the great interactions between the members here. I should have joined a lot sooner.

Trains I have ridden.

Sunset Limited: 5 times *LFT-HOU-NOL-ELP*

California Zephyr: 3 times *DEN-GRA-DEN-CHI*

City of New Orleans: 1 CHI-NOL (soon to be 3 with my upcoming trip) Also, this will be my first time in a roomette ever. I have Roomette #2 booked both going and coming to and from Chicago.

Lakeshore Limited: 0 (soon to be 2 times with my upcoming trip) CHI-SYR-CHI

I realize I pale in comparison to most of you guys and girls, but hey, we are all here and we all enjoy the same trains. :)

Sorry for the novel of an intro thread, haha.

Anthony

AmtrakBlue: Thank you for the warm welcome!

Traveler: Differences are what make us unique. Im happy to be a part of the AU family no matter what differences, even in opinions, that we may have.

Also, how is your penthouse suite sir, and to which train is it attached this week? Haha. Ive lurked here so long, I know most of the in jokes, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
mosking.gif

I have a few of sayings that usually make people laugh.

1. My car has two engines, and lots of room for passengers, it goes by the name of Amtrak!

2. Amtrak Coach class is better than Greyhound coach any day!

3. Chuck Norris created Amtrak, which is why politicians cant kill it.

And 2 more

4) Amtral coach class has way more room than domestic airline coach, and more luggage storage space!

5) Amtrak has none of the "Security Theater" found at airports!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Gathering, it's in Philly this year in October. Registration is free! More information in the Gathering section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Amtrak Cajun……broaden your train riding and come sample VIA’s Ocean. It passes through numerous Acadian communities in Nouveau Brunswick on the route between Campbellton and Moncton

City of New Orleans: 1 CHI-NOL (soon to be 3 with my upcoming trip)
Welcome Anthony, from another AU member in Cajun Country! While not a native to this area, I've lived in the Lafayette area since the late 70's.

I've ridden the Sunset Limited to Maricopa and back, the City twice (about to go again on Monday the 12th), and the Empire Builder both ways.

Also rode the Cascade once from Seattle to Portland.

When's your upcoming trip on the City?

Pat, the trip was back in September. I made a trip report about the trip if you wish to read it. Its in the Trip Report Section. You may have to go a page or two to find it though. :)

Back