Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello train travel enthusiasts. I’m a 45 year old woman from Alberta, Canada that has traveled a fair bit, by my account, on Via Rail across Canada.

I’ve traveled on Amtrak once in my teens to Florida from West Virginia, on an auto train, with my family. That’s a story for another time.

Traveling by train is my favourite way to travel and my daughter has inherited that same love and appreciation.

On December 28th we are traveling from Calgary to Vancouver to catch the Cascade to Seattle and embark on a cross country trip to New York and back. It’s a trip many months in the making and I’m very excited to have this opportunity with my daughter.

I’ve been lurking in the forum for several days and have appreciated all of the experience and advice I’ve been able to find thus far. I look forward to being part of the community!

Hello train travel enthusiasts. I’m a 45 year old woman from Alberta, Canada that has traveled a fair bit, by my account, on Via Rail across Canada.

I’ve traveled on Amtrak once in my teens to Florida from West Virginia, on an auto train, with my family. That’s a story for another time.

Traveling by train is my favourite way to travel and my daughter has inherited that same love and appreciation.

On December 28th we are traveling from Calgary to Vancouver to catch the Cascade to Seattle and embark on a cross country trip to New York and back. It’s a trip many months in the making and I’m very excited to have this opportunity with my daughter.

I’ve been lurking in the forum for several days and have appreciated all of the experience and advice I’ve been able to find thus far. I look forward to being part of the community!
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited. I hope your trip is enjoyable and runs smoothly.

If you go east on the Empire Builder you'll be very close to Alberta. I think that you may see Alberta's Cypress Hills when you are east of Shelby. Before but a handful of us were born, there was passenger train service between Calgary and Shelby, with a change of trains at Coutts/Sweet Grass.

When we lived in Edmonton we drove to and from the Cut Bank station.

Let us know how your adventure goes!

Back