Hello from Wilmington

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxpower

Train Attendant
Hello all-
I've been reading this board in preparation for an upcoming (July) ride and the Cardinal and have found it interesting. I finally decided to join in. I live in Wilmington. DE. I ride Amtrak a few times a year to go to NYC to see shows. Some years ago, I used to ride between Richmond and Wilmington when I was school in Richmond. I've had one prior overnight experience (Greenville, SC to Wilmington) back in the 1980s.
My experience is largely on the NEC, and its been interesting to see how that compares with service elsewhere. I'm looking forward to learning more.

Welcome to AU! Wilmington is a decent station, I've used it several times.

I've never taken the Cardinal but hear it has gotten one of the new Viewliner II sleeper cars recently. And that it has good scenery, but is often quite late unfortunately.

Let us know if you have any questions.

I've never taken the Cardinal but hear it has gotten one of the new Viewliner II sleeper cars recently. And that it has good scenery, but is often quite late unfortunately.

Decent? Just decent? Humph! ;)

Wilmington is my home station, too. I live between Wilmington & Newark.

Named after some guy you might have heard of!!!😉

Back