Hello! Going on my first overnight trip soon!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm told there's the sightseer lounges back online and I've even seen them here in San Diego on the Pacific Surfliners as I go for my walks. I'm not much for the smoke, but I do plan on bringing some wine šŸ˜
Due note you aren't allowed to consume wine unless you're in a room.

When are you departing?

LoL As for going with the flow -- absolutely šŸ˜„

I decided to leave the laptop home, as I run a business and am usually tethered to it. As @anumberone reminded me, it's a reminder of that.

I think our smart phones with a few downloaded movies and a kindle for reading are enough. After all, if I wanted to to speed through the travel experience I would have taken a plane and watched the video screen on the back of a chair of a passenger possibly about to go on a wild rage worthy of the news we've all seen lately :oops:. The train is a place to sit back, slow down and take a break from a bit of our lives and enjoy our surroundings, IMHO.

As for lysol wipes - we have an ABUNDANCE! My wife has a bunch of those little ones lol. I also picked up multi packs of "Dude Showers," a bigger, cloth version of "Dude Wipes" I saw on Shark Tank that hikers recommend as a shower replacement. Hopefully, that along with "dry shampoo" will get us through to the long shower-less journey in coach!
View attachment 22777
There ya go LOL. Don't forget your ear plugs for listening to your movies and you are all set. Take plenty of snacks and you are good to go. Have fun taking pictures of the scenery.

We're leaving tomorrow! So excited to see the country on the train. It's always been a goal of mine and hopefully we'll do it more often.
Great! Have fun. I'm pretty close to the Chief's route, I'll try to go out and see your train if I can.

Back