Help and Advice needed for Boston-New York trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll be able to see both, I'm in Room 2 on both 98 and 91, so the views I should be able to see the sights. Although being awake at 0530 and light at 0530 on 98 might be a problem.

Amfleet said:
When going northbound you will actually want to be on the right to get a look at the Quantico Air Station, though once in the DC area be sure to look to your left.
Actually Quantico Air Station is on both sides of the tracks, although the main base and runways are on the right when you are headed northbound.

Amfleet , is Quantico Air Station BEFORE crossing the Potomac? If so, that would suggest being on the right hand side at first, then looking out the left after crossing the Potomac, which would be make for a rather easy guideline, if I am understanding it correctly.

When going northbound the Quanitco Air Station will be way before the Potomac (if I know my geography correctly). So look on the right first, then once past Quantico, shift views to your left.

Amfleet said:
When going northbound the Quanitco Air Station will be way before the Potomac (if I know my geography correctly). So look on the right first, then once past Quantico, shift views to your left.
Quantico comes about 45 minutes before you reach the Potomic on Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back