Help! Sleeper cancelled last minute!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

panicked

Apparently the 4820 car was pulled from the train today. I was scheduled to travel tomorrow with my husband and baby. We can't go in coach with the baby and now we're probably not going to be able to go on the trip at all. Amtrak is telling me I have to wait to be called by a special group who is "reaccomodating" passengers. Frustrating because I wish I could call myself and not have to wait...since I already know about the problem (found out in person from an agent who couldn't help me either). Ugh. Any info or advice?

The sleeper will run to Albany as part of the New York section, and passengers will be accommodated in coach from Albany to Boston.

The other thing you could inquire about is taking the sleeper all the way to NYC (if space is available) and then a regional up the coast to BOS.

If it's not a long distance why couldn't you take a baby in coach. We had a young couple on the CZ that crew had reserved the front row seats in one car on both sides for them. Dad and little gal rode on one side, mom and baby rode on the other. Plenty of room for a baby carrier in front of those seats on the floor or in the seat. Without the tray table it made for extra room. They didn't even get on till someplace in Iowa and those seats were tagged when we got on in Chicago, they were headed to Emeryville, Ca

We did end up getting in a sleeper to Albany and then coach the rest of the way (which is only a couple of hours for us) so it worked out. Whew! My one year old loves to run around and is a little boisterous so I was scared to have him cooped up on my lap in coach for 18 hrs. This is much better. Thank you for the comments. Anyone know what happened? I'm now in car 4813?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back