Help with Points Breakdown?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can’t get the points (because your dad was listed first) then sign your dad up for AGR and then have them give him the points he earned (you can do that up to, I think, 90 days past travel dates). If your dad won’t be using the points himself ask on here ways he can “give” them to you. I know a couple but not details of how best to do it.
Yep! that option would require a few extra steps but it definitely works.

The lady on the phone said i got screwed on it and kinda laughed. So maybe she pushed it up the chain faster. who knows.
It seems the AGR phone team can be rather generous when points are screwed up. I changed a points trip to a different routing which cost less at the time. I didn't get a correct refund IMO, and when I called AGR I had a difficult time making the agent see my logic. The agent ended up refunding the whole thing but never debited the points back, and I ended up with a free trip (which I didn't realize until I went back later and reviewed my points transactions.)

I recently made a trip on a NE Regional from BAL to NYC and back the same day. It is almost 200 miles from BAL to NYC but it appears as though I only got credit for 63 miles each way (not including the double mile bonus). Please help me understand. Thanks!Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 11.12.23 AM.png

The points are rewarded based on dollars spent, not miles traveled. So it looks like it cost you $50 each way, then you got the double points bonus as well as the 25% Select Status Points Bonus. :)
Thank you Amy. Now that makes sense. I don't know where I got the idea it was based on miles traveled but am glad to understand how it works.

Back