Heritgae Coaches Are Running

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
We all thought that these rare Heritage coaches disapeared but they have'nt. In this video clip from Oaks Model Raiilraod movie archive that Heritage coaches were being carried on a Clocker.

That was a great clip, I liked seeing NJ Transit ALP-44's hauling amfleets. Notice the heritage coaches are mixed with the amfleets.

At first I was confused at first because it looked like a bunch of Viewliners, but the cars were indeed Heritage coaches. Viewliner, since you have the access mabey it may be worth a short ride on a Clocker to experience the "yester-year" coaches of Amtrak. I'm unfortuniate all the way up near Boston. Except for baggage cars I don't think there has been a single Heritage car in South Station since the Lake Shore and Twilight Shoreliner (ex-Night Owl) recieved Viewliners.

Does anyone know when the last refurbishment of the Heritage coaches took place? I believe I read somewhere where some coaches were specially refurbished just for service on the Adirondack.

I dont know, but heritage coaches would have been a great way to solve long-distance coach shortages. I know there isn't one, but I would ride the Pennsyvanian 4 times a year on those internet fares if they had heritage fleet coaches with legrests.

It was still a matter of adding retention toilets which is quite a process to put in. From what I've heard though is the Heritage Long-Distance coaches were a lot more comfortable than an Amfleet II. Also mind you that the coaches used on the clockers are not for long-distance trains and have the same kind of seats most likely found in an Amfleet I or Horizon coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back