Hertz Rental at Orlando Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it were an "Amtrak Only" station with regards to the trains that stop there (actually, SunRail and Lynx have their own platforms) ... the City of Orlando is the landlord, not Amtrak.

If Hertz is getting "kicked out" it is not Amtrak that is kicking them out.

So the other day I noticed that Hertz says they have a location at the Kissimmee station? And...that station is about as close to Disney World as the downtown Orlando station is? This might be exactly what I'm looking for, particularly if they allow dropoff at the station. Has anyone rented from Hertz there?

Okay, so, whoever I just talked to at the South Orange HLE office--which administers the ORL station desk--claimed that they are, quote, being "kicked out" and the close is permanent.

If you try to rent a car right now, it gives you the "temporarily closed" response, but it does indeed say "permanently closed" if you try for a later date. (I was searching for August 2020.)

This is a recurring question. Did Hertz close its rental desk in the Orlando station or is it open for business?
jb
I have not noticed one the last couple of times I was there. But I did not look hard for it. It is not there where it used to be. I don't know if they moved it to somewhere more obscure.

Back