Hit or Miss

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
I think everyone in this community can agree on something for once.

is something that needs to be seen by as many people as humanly possible. Transportation professionals, drivers, school kids, and everyone that has a pulse should see this video. If this doesn't hit home I don't know what will.

not for me still says its not processed.
Go there again, then hold down the SHIFT KEY then press the F5 key and see if it works. Or hit the RELOAD button in your browser, does the same thing.

Sorry, that's wrong. Go to the page, hold down the SHIFT key then click the RELOAD button in your browser to refresh the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW.......The OP is right.....sometimes, such a ''schock treatment'' is the only way to get the message through to everybody....

A similar '' example'' has made the round recently, about the two fatalities NorhChicago on a UP-line commuter train....

This one with fatalities...

Cheers

Aloha

This is weird. The original link worked for me first time. the later one did not give me any error but it took 5 try's to see it. The later link stars differently using the closing shot as the start frame.

No clues as what is happening from Me

A similar '' example'' has made the round recently, about the two fatalities NorhChicago on a UP-line commuter train....This one with fatalities...

Cheers
I saw that one Claude, it was disturbing to say the least. :eek:
You can view that video here.

Disclaimer: While you don't see the actual hit in this video, it does take you right up until about a second before impact. So some may find this video very disturbing to know that both the women and her niece were killed. So I urge caution, as this is real and not a staged event like the first video.

You can read the news story about this sad event here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like that came out of a cab car, which means that the camera is pretty much right on top of the leading edge of the train. I've seen plenty of things through the window of a cab, and I gotta say, even the best engineer on the face of the earth couldn't have prevented that one. He had the bell on, he sounded the horn, he even had made at least a little bit of a brake application (at least a minimum, if not suppression) they obviously knew the train was coming since they were running, but they just made a poor decision, that cost them their lives. It's sad, but these videos need to be seen by the public. I just wish you could see the data along with that video Alan posted, show me the throttle position, how much air was in the pipes, how many amps was the engine drawing, etc.

The thing is even if you showed for real a mutilated body etc from a real impact it still will not hit home to some people. There will always be people who think eh im a fast runner or i got 800HP under the hood i can outrun a train etc.

That is a good one, although the accents would distract the urban US construction guys I work with. The film keeps focusing on SOMETHING on the tracks- it's shown at 1:53 and earlier. Is it a radio, a torpedo, or some other kind of signaling device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back