HO Scale Amshacks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P40Power

OBS Chief
Im starting to put alot more senery on my layout and I need a small Plexiglass Amshack to serve as my Pittsfield, problem is that I dont think anyone makes them. But would any of you guys know of any company that would make something like this, I know its a long shot. If not I could always make my own, or at least TRY to. Thanks for the help!

Walthers did make them, but now retired them. I did recently find one in a local hobby store that I bought. I would reccomend either trying your local hobby stores, try at a train show, or check ebay periodically.

Good Luck. B)

I know Walthers made a model of a big Amshack like the old Albany-Rensslaer station, I have it on my layout and it serves as the Albany Station. What I was looking for is one of the small Ambooths, the ones that are all plexyglass and are about the size of a bus shelter. Theres a million of those little Ambooths around. Has anyone ever seen the Pittsfield Amshack? Im still working on getting some pictures of it, and Im hoping to get a sign from the Amshack when they take it down when the new station is completed.

I tried searching Walthers to see if they had a bus shack you could have coverted with into an Amshack by adding a few signs and what not, but the didn't. You could try kitbashing or taking some bulk parts to build one. This is when I find the catalog to be helpful as searching the internet for specific parts kind of gets to ya.

tell me about it Amfleet, the walthers internet search system really fustrates me, it never seems to get me what Im looking for. For example I was also looking for a very average rail bridge, like the one that crosses over a road right by the Pittsfield station, it almost looks like a highway bridge (the road bridge parallel to it looks exactly the same) its one of those average green panel sided bridge, Its a bad explination but Im sure there are a ton of them around. I couldnt find anything close on their website. I think Im gonna kitbash the Amshack tho! Thanks for the thought though Amfleet!

Back