Host Railroad Report Card & FAQ

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderails

Train Attendant
Examination of 

Host Railroad Report Card & FAQ

will help some understand what's behind a lot of late trains--host railroads whose tracks Amtrak has to use.  Host RRs are not always the cause of delays but how they run their business seems to weigh heavily on Amtrak's performance.  I know this is not news to many, but I suspect enough frustrated folks will at least have  better understanding of Amtrak's reputation for running late trains.  Unfortunately , the Department of Justice is unlikely to be of help.  See the cited material.    

This am (2/25), I posted  a report of two incidents this weekend involving 4 deaths in different locations on the same tracks in Michigan (The Wolverine).  Somehow, the text ended up linked to the present heading.  ??

Moderator Note:  the 2 threads with the same title were merged.

I think that there were intended to be two separate threads, and riderails erroneously used the same title for both.  The host railroad report card (Posts 1, 3,  and 4) doesn't have anything to do with hitting trespassers in MI (posts 2 and 5).

I think that there were intended to be two separate threads, and riderails erroneously used the same title for both.  The host railroad report card (Posts 1, 3,  and 4) doesn't have anything to do with hitting trespassers in MI (posts 2 and 5).
I will try to fix and split into 2 threads with different names.  Sorry for confusion.  Give me a few minutes.

Moderator Note:  the 2 threads with the same title were merged.
Moderator Second Note and apology.  There were 2 threads with the same title that I erroneously merged.  Apparently there were 2 separate topics with the same title.  After merging the 2, I then split them into 2 separate threads and titled the second one with an appropriate (I hope) title.  Thanks to Coby and Ryan for heads up.

Back