Hotels near Amtrak station in St. Louis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspeamtrak

Lead Service Attendant
Hi there everybody!

I will be in Chicago for National Train Day :lol:

I have been thinking about going down to St Louis after the events are done on Saturday on # 305, lv Chicago 5:15 pm-arr. St.Louis 10:45 pm or #307 lv Chicago 7:00 pm - arr. St Louis 12:20am and return on # 302 lv St.Louis 6:40 am arr. Chicago 12:20 pm

My problem is I would like a hotel near the Amtrak Station but I don't want to pay a fortune for a room as I will only be in it for about 6 hours.

I have found what I believe is the best choice. It is the Pear Tree Inn Union Station2211 Market Street for around $105 a night + taxes.It is part of the Drury Hotel Chain I have never heard of this Chain of hotels here in Canada. Can anybody tell me if they are ok?

I have e-mailed the hotel and they told me a cab is about $ 8 each way.

Thanks for any info anybody can provide...

:hi: Always great to hear from a Canadian that likes Trains! :cool: That Hotel isnt bad, its close to the Old Union Station which is NOT the Amtrak Station now a days! The New Intermodel Station serves Amtrak, the local Commuter Rail and Greyhound and other Bus Lines and its located only a few blocks from where this Hotel is! Have you Googled up the Hotels on the various Travel site?? (ie Priceline/Kayak,Orbitz etc.) $105 is a little pricey for this chain, but when there are Sports events the prices are always higher on weekends!

You can also ride the Light Rail from the Amtrak Station to Union Station stop and walk to this Hotel but this late @ night a taxi might be best!! On your way back to catch your Train you could even walk !(it's downhill from Union Station which is a Mall, Food Court and and Hotel now!) There is a Sheraton Hotel right beside the Amtrak Station also, some of our members have gotten cheap prices there on Priceline! Do watch out for the Panhandlers around the Intermodel Station, especially outside by the Commuter Rail Tracks between the Station and the Sheraton!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Sheraton directly across the street from the Amtrak station. I have stayed there for $109 twice this winter. The trick is they charge a mandatory $17 per night for parking, if you have a car... I assume you won't have one.

The Pear Tree used to be a Hampton Inn. It is no more than 4 blocks up Market St. Can't imagine cab fare being $8. There is also a Drury two blocks away by the old Union Station that will run very comparable to the other two hotels.

For easy access, especially at 6 am, I would opt for the Sheraton. Another point... AGR points at the Sheraton.

Agree that the Sheraton will definitely be the most convenient. The Drury chain (which includes Pear Tree hotels) is a St. Louis-based chain that now covers much of the midwest. Their hotels are fine (and include breakfast.) Those branded "Drury" are slightly more upscale (for a moderate-priced chain) than the Pear Tree hotels, but we've stayed in lots of Pear Trees and never had any problem with them.

:hi: Always great to hear from a Canadian that likes Trains! :cool: That Hotel isnt bad, its close to the Old Union Station which is NOT the Amtrak Station now a days! The New Intermodel Station serves Amtrak, the local Commuter Rail and Greyhound and other Bus Lines and its located only a few blocks from where this Hotel is! Have you Googled up the Hotels on the various Travel site?? (ie Priceline/Kayak,Orbitz etc.) $105 is a little pricey for this chain, but when there are Sports events the prices are always higher on weekends!

You can also ride the Light Rail from the Amtrak Station to Union Station stop and walk to this Hotel but this late @ night a taxi might be best!! On your way back to catch your Train you could even walk !(it's downhill from Union Station which is a Mall, Food Court and and Hotel now!) There is a Sheraton Hotel right beside the Amtrak Station also, some of our members have gotten cheap prices there on Priceline! Do watch out for the Panhandlers around the Intermodel Station, especially outside by the Commuter Rail Tracks between the Station and the Sheraton!
Thanks for the complement! I'm Amtrak's biggest fan in Canada! :D

The Sheraton hotel wins! It was a little bit priceyer than the Pear tree hotel but it's right by the Amtrak station. I wo'nt be getting in till 10:45 pm so I will have to look out for the panhandlers when I walk over.

By the way I had to join the Sheraton Starwood Preferred Guestmembership club to get te Amtrak Guest Rewards points. Oh well. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back