How big is a ticket?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
Length and width. I'm replacing my money belt with something more accessible and want to make sure the full ticket fits without folding.

I'll also take suggestions on what works well.

:)

Length and width. I'm replacing my money belt with something more accessible and want to make sure the full ticket fits without folding.
I use a passport/ticket folder for my travel documents that hangs on my neck and is easyto access or hide inside your clothing!The IBM punch card reminds me of how long its been since I

was a college student!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use a passport/ticket folder for my travel documents that hangs on my neck and is easyto access or hide inside your clothing!The IBM punch card reminds me of how long its been since I

Hey Jim, I PM'd you and didn't get an answer. Were you ever on a Kawasaki forum? I knew a Jim Hudson on one a couple years back.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's what I want to get, but one big enough that I don't need to fold the ticket.

Thanks

I carry my tickets in my billfold. I tend to buy a lot of tickets at the counter, so I often get those goofy paper ticket jackets. The first thing I do is remove the staples and throw away the jacket. Quik-trak tickets go straight in wallet. The conductors don't seem to mind if I pull the tickets out of my wallet slightly folded.

Now that I know it's similar in size to an IBM punch card, I looked up punch cards;

Wikipedia punched cards.

Std punch card size is 7 3/8" x 3 1/4". Assuming the 3 1/4" to be common to a punch card and an Amtrak ticket, I downloaded a pic of a ticket, and resized it on the screen until my ruler measured height at 3 1/4". The resulting width measurement is 7 3/8" long.

I'm guessing I'm safe at getting a pouch at 8" long.

Thanks everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back