How cold does it get on Amtrak Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife and I like things on the cold side. Last year some moon bat insisted that the car be kept at Florida summer temps. It was Florida temps outside as well. That went over like a fart in church with me and other passengers. Myself and others took up a collection and bribed an attendant to either move her or drop the temp. We were told she was already moved from another car for the same thing. Our monetary collection brought the temp down to winter Siberian levels. It was great for us. Not so much for her.

Money sometimes really can fix things for those that have it.
But you already paid for the service... should sleeper passenger have to bribe an attendant who has 'attitude' for a reasonably comfortable ride? Looks like she's got a 'system' going there! :eek:

But you already paid for the service... should sleeper passenger have to bribe an attendant who has 'attitude' for a reasonably comfortable ride? Looks like she's got a 'system' going there! :eek:

This was coach not sleeper. Normally I wouldn’t consider bribing someone. But the particular situation involved doing what you have to do, to get the Klondike bar.

Back