How long does it take points from the Amtrak credit card to load into AGR after joining?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister procured the BOA credit card when Amtrak was offering the screaming deal last summer, but she didn't join AGR until today. She had met the requirements to get the big aliquot of points. At what point will it show up in her AGR account or did she do things in the wrong order? Perhaps she should have first joined AGR and then gotten the credit card?

Definitely, she should have opened an AGR account first. She can ask for the points now but she might be (and probably is) out of luck.

I thought you had to provide an AGR number when applying for the (AGR) credit card.
The "member number" does appear on the card; it does on mine.
Sounds like BoA "sold" her a credit card w/o informing her about the need for an AGR #. I'd say they're in default and should give her the points, plus all other points she's earned with purchases....but they probably won't.

With other cards like this, if no rewards account is noted they'll create a new one for them on sign-up. There should be a member number on the card - if you have that, I'd reach out to Amtrak and figure out how to gain access to that account. Most likely the points are there and just sitting there waiting to be used.

With other cards like this, if no rewards account is noted they'll create a new one for them on sign-up. There should be a member number on the card - if you have that, I'd reach out to Amtrak and figure out how to gain access to that account. Most likely the points are there and just sitting there waiting to be used.
Jeb is right -- they probably already created an account for her and she just has to find that account.

Ditto!

Yes, that's what happened; there is an AGR number on her card. However, the name associated with that AGR number at Amtrak is wrong: The first name (a slightly unusual first name) is correct, but it has someone else's last name. However, her credit card has her correct name and everything is copacetic with the credit card statements. So obviously something else went awry. BOA says that she has 53,000 points and Amtrak says she has zero. She's still trying to get it resolved.

Back