How long for Referral Bonus points to post?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaseMeBro

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Over the past months, I've sent the "refer a friend" link to a couple people I know, and a few have subsequenty enrolled, purchased tickets, and travelled.

One was about 2 weeks ago, another 2 days ago. However, I haven't received the referral bonus.

Any idea how long it typically takes to post? And, if it doesn't, is the regular email contact link likely to be enough to remedy?

Did those people use YOUR LINK (it was sent to them by Amtrak) to enroll? If not, you don't get credit for the referral. That link is what tells Amtrak that you should get credit. So if a person gets the email, then instead of clicking the link, just goes to Amtrak's site and registers, you are SOL.

I'd get names of referrals, dates and train # of travel and their member ID if possible then call customer relations.

Yeah, for the travel that happened ~2 weeks ago, I sent a message to Guest Relations/support with all the info you mentioned. That email was about two days ago, and I haven't heard back yet. If an email can "shake it free", is my hope. Not really worth it to spend however long on hold over 500 points.

Quick followup (Murphy's Law strikes again).

The first friend I referred travelled on the 23rd of October. When the bonus for that trip hadn't posted by the 3rd of Nov, I emailed Amtrak. Haven't received a reply yet.

Second friend I referred travelled on the 4th of November. As it had only been a few days, I didn't take any action at all yet.

Sometime in the last 8-10 hours, both referral bonuses posted. Perhaps it's a "batch" process they only do a few times a month?

The referral system is finicky. I have issues with it; it used to take several hours, even over 24 sometimes, for someone to receive the referral email 😅

Back