How long to receive gift card ordered with AGR points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaseMeBro

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
9 (calendar) days ago I ordered a couple gift cards, via my AGR account, paid with AGR points. (Gift cards were to an outside retailer)

It says/said that delivery (electronic) should happen in 3-7 days, though I haven't received them yet.

I'm not terribly concerned, cause a) the holidays and b) Amtrak-being-Amtrak, but does anyone have any datapoints on how long it typically takes to receive cards ordered as rewards? Given the fulfillment happens through an outside contractor, I kind of dread having to sort out a potential issue between AGR and the servicer.

Thanks.

Just a quick followup since my last post.

I ordered the gift cards through the AGR web portal the evening of Jan 1st. At the time, they said 3-7 days for email delivery.

While it was taking longer than expected, I didn't take any steps to "pursue" them - I just wasn't in a hurry and didn't want to deal with customer service (especially since it wasn't clear if fulfillment was managed by Amtrak or a 3rd party).

Today, on the afternoon of the 25th, the gift cards arrived to my email. They mentioned amtrak, but were processed by an outside company.

Back