How many points for a combined ticket?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barciur

OBS Chief
Hello,

I am sitting at 3700 TQP's right now and have two more short trips planned before the end of the year and one big one with a return after New Year's. So, I have a $350 ticket for LNC-MIA in a sleeper coming up. Any idea how many points I will get out of that? I am not sure on how this is counted because last year, I went to Milwaukee which was a 3 segment trip and having paid $220 for a one way ticket, 100 for LNC-PGH, 322 for PGH-CHI and 100 for CHI-MKE for a combined of 522. So I came out a bit on top obviously. ;) Any way of telling with this? Will I also get 100 for the segment to PHL and then how much I can expect for PHL-MIA segment?

Reason I am mostly asking is if there is still a way to get the points if I for example did one point run now. Not that TQP's will be worth it as much any more since the 100 minimum is going away, if I can get it for $10 then why not ;)

One way to approximate this is to use the Multi-City booking function. The summary screen at the end will show you the breakdown of the through fare, apply the standard calculations on that.

In your case, a random LNC-PHL-MIA trip via the Star yields:

$10.31 Keystone

$135.69 Star

$213 Roomette

So you'd get 100 + 696 = 796 points, or somewhere around that.

Back