How to book Mother's Day sale?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

OBS Chief
Amtrak is advertising a Mother's Day sale for this weekend, but I can't figure out to do it. I'm testing a reserved train as it specified. I tried using a promo code I found on a 3rd party website, but that didn't work. The results always just show double the price of one person. Has anyone figured it out?

I was able to get the promo to show on the link posted above, but for some reason is wasn't working for my itinerary. I attempted to book Rocky Mount-Tampa, but the discount from Rocky Mount was only available as far south as Orlando and from Tampa was only available as far north as Raleigh. I ended up booking one ticket Rocky Mount-Raleigh and a second Raleigh-Tampa on the same train, but still can't figure out why the discount wasn't available from Rocky Mount-Tampa.

I still can't figure it out. I'm doing some test bookings, and the regular fare for two people shows up all the way to the payment stage. I tried a test booking with 1 person, and nothing happened then either. Does the discount get applied right at the end, or am I still doing something wrong? Thanks.

Back