How to get from Florida-Montana... cheaply

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun7

Service Attendant
After flying back from my train trip to Pittsburgh last month, I was so disgusted at the difference that I promised myself I'd do whatever I could to never have to fly anywhere ever again... with no exaggeration. I stayed at the Izaak Walton Inn last end of June and really want the opportunity to do it again this summer. With what little I know about what I'm going to do so far, I've decided that I'd like to go the route of Meteor-Cardinal-EB to get there and EB-CL-SM to get home, as the Silver Star never seems to be an option w/ connections. While on the Builder, my plan is to switch into a roomette somewhere around Minneapolis and the same headed home since I'll be picking up my mom somewhere around there and she can't go far in coach (I'm 15 so staying in Montana alone or alone w/ a friend is kind of out of the option here). I'm trying to do this at the cheapest part of the summer I can w/ the cheapest travel options before Minneapolis. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions for me, I'd really appreciate them! :D

Thanks for any help,

Paul

After flying back from my train trip to Pittsburgh last month, I was so disgusted at the difference that I promised myself I'd do whatever I could to never have to fly anywhere ever again... with no exaggeration. I stayed at the Izaak Walton Inn last end of June and really want the opportunity to do it again this summer. With what little I know about what I'm going to do so far, I've decided that I'd like to go the route of Meteor-Cardinal-EB to get there and EB-CL-SM to get home, as the Silver Star never seems to be an option w/ connections. While on the Builder, my plan is to switch into a roomette somewhere around Minneapolis and the same headed home since I'll be picking up my mom somewhere around there and she can't go far in coach (I'm 15 so staying in Montana alone or alone w/ a friend is kind of out of the option here). I'm trying to do this at the cheapest part of the summer I can w/ the cheapest travel options before Minneapolis. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions for me, I'd really appreciate them! :D
Thanks for any help,

Paul
Paul - I have moved this to the main forum where more will see it and respond to your questions!

#1, book ASAP! Every day you wait to book could see the prices go higher. Don't delay, get your dates set and book it now!

#2, book that EB sleeper now, don't try for an onboard upgrade as there likely won't be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back