How to get to Morgantown, WV

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably correct Tom, I just remember it being 70-something, and setting the cruise-control at 79, so it must have a posted 70MPH
Why would you set the Cruise Control at 79 when the speed limit is 70? Are you talking about Amtrak?
Wait? What? Because I'm quite confident that I can "get away with" going over the speed limit by up to about nine miles and hour, without getting a visit from a statie.

I absolutely love BENDING the rules. I've only had one ticket for speeding. And I gladly paid it, with no fuss. I was going to fast, I got caught, pay the fine. Risk vs. Reward.
But, there is a REASON why the speed limits are set at 70 mph. That was the maximum speed the road was designed to facilitate. It has been shown that if you go too fast, you're much more likely to get killed.
So by your logic, when a governing body arbitrarily "adjust" the maximum posted speed on, let's say an Interstate Highway, the road's design also changes? Wait. What?

However, in the words of Ed McMahon, "You are correct sir", when you say "...speed kills......" It generally does.

That's one of the reasons there are so few fatalities involving Amtrak derailments.

OK guys, I meant no offensive, I'm just tired of hearing all the reports of accidents that could have been prevented with a slower speed.

Wanted to see we had a great trip, much appreciate all the help I received. The tip about going to Cumberland vs Pittsburgh was really invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back