How to print and download a timetable for #97 and #98

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota 400

Engineer
Learning that I cannot depend upon having an Amtrak route timetable supplied either at WASH or on the train, I need to download and print my own.  Tried to do this a few minutes ago.  I accessed the Amtrak site, clicked on schedules, entered the departure and arrival stations and the dates.  What I saw was when I was due to leave at the originating station and when I was due to arrive at my destination.  No detail in between.  How can I obtain a complete schedule for the Silver Meteor?

I know I could access the Amtrak/VIA Real Time web site for what the current schedules for the train are.  Is that the best that I can do?

Click on "Schedules" and then "Get downloadable schedules for all routes>"

That brings me to a page where I can access schedule pdfs for the various routes.

Yep. I will say that since that PDF also covers the Carolinian, Piedmont, and Auto Train, you may only want to print the first two pages, if you just care about the Meteor. And for future reference go to this page for a full list of all the timetables for all the routes.

They finally took the Carolinian out of the Palmetto/Silver Star/Silver Meteor but you still can't print the Silver Star or Silver Meteor schedule on a single page like you can almost any other schedule. If they moved the Boston/New York, Gainesville Thruway and "Connecting Local Services" to "Page 2" (not part of the train), all of the stops on both the Meteor and Star might be able to fit on "Page 1" at the current size font now. 

They finally took the Carolinian out of the Palmetto/Silver Star/Silver Meteor but you still can't print the Silver Star or Silver Meteor schedule on a single page like you can almost any other schedule. If they moved the Boston/New York, Gainesville Thruway and "Connecting Local Services" to "Page 2" (not part of the train), all of the stops on both the Meteor and Star might be able to fit on "Page 1" at the current size font now. 
Print just page 1 then put the printout in the paper feeder (turn it so the blank side gets printed on) and print page 2 on the back.  ;)  

You could get fancy by using image modifying software such as FastStone to eliminate the connecting trains and the Palmetto to come up with something like this:

Silvers (only) Timetable.jpg

Data for trains 91 and 92 could cropped out too, if so desired, and you'd have this:

Silver Meteor (only) Timetable.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks ehbowen and cpotisch for your help!  Your links worked.  I appreciate your assistance very much!

Back