Hudson Bay Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bretton88

Conductor
Well, I am looking at taking VIA rail's Hudson Bay. I know one of our AU members did a blog on his trip on it. Where can I find that trip blog? Thanks!

I don't know about a blog on this train, but I rode it back in 1997. This was early spring - Train was 2 F40s, baggage, 2 coaches, diner, Chateau-series sleeper. I was in one of the duplex roomettes. - my only ride in that accommodation. Quite an interesting ride, they even tacked on a couple of piggyback flatcars at Thompson since there are no roads all the way to Churchill. We left Winnipeg in the evening and arrived in Churchill the second morning. The return was a similar schedule. The on-board service crew were cross-assigned. The chef doubled as the sleeping car attendant and the waiter also served as the coach attendant.

This does not answer your question too well, but I rode the train in the summer of 1979. Interesting and slow ride and bumpy across the tundra. I remember Arctic char served in the diner southbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back