I do NOT like sharing toilets.....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but we all dump our turds in the same place - sometimes "private": sometimes shared. Eventually always shared. And, we hope, recycled.

Splots on the seat -- carry wet-wipes with quats (quaternary ammonium wet-wipes) - I do.

SE asia- no seat - hard for knees - but better for cleanliness.

Always carry quat wet-wipes and clean up after yourself.

Outside of toilet -- clean your hands -- frequently.

No more to be said.

"Germophobes" -- yeah -- yeah. --

"Germophobes" -- yeah -- there's serious contagious diseases out there -- and reasonable ways to minimize risk.

Wiping everything in sight with quats - might help a little bit.

Never having to take a dump yourself might help a very little bit more.

Washing your hands before eating or preparing food might help a lot.

How come there's a billion people in India? Huh?

Take out a revolver and shoot the latch. Remover to clean and sterile the gun both before and after use. You don't want the gun to get sick.
hey, gml, that was pretty good
I'm worried about someone getting infected by a fatal gunshot wound.
Lead poisoning is worse than the infection!
Not if solid copper is used. Don't know if this is going to be the standard eventually. That's lead on the left, and solid copper on the right.

ammo.jpg

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/48420.html

If being a "germaphobe" makes me strange, hey...get used to it and don't judge. It's not from left field...there is reason to be cautious. If that's not best for you, goody. But not all of us throw abandon to the wind where germs are concerned. I hope you never get an ecoli issue from sharing a public toilet. It's a WHOLE lot more common than you might imagine, to varying degrees. No thanks.
No, it is actually a whole lot LESS common than you might think. I don't believe you understand who e. coli is commonly transmitted. If you are getting it from an Amtrak or other bathroom it is pretty much your fault for not washing your hands.

The public bathrooms in the sleepers are fine. Most of the attendants keep them all tidy and neat. Cannot say the same for coach, especially towards the end, but that's a different animal.

Catching a cold from traveling is pretty common, especially this time of year. You are thrown in from a hot environment onto an air conditioned germ box that will hold germs in the air you breathe for however long you go. The lack of fresh air thru the day can really affect your body, and when you do get it, it can throw it off more. Same can be said with winter. You're on a hot train, but you just want to "step" off somewhere. You do that a few times underdressed and you are setting your body up for an attack.

I can understand the fear of germs, but the bathroom is probably not one of the worst places to get germs from. Don't get me wrong, there are germs there, but there are less on the seat, and after you do your business just use the towel you washed your hand with to open the door, etc. Of course, then you're spreading YOUR germs (because the cleanest person can still have germs) onto the handle for everyone else...
People say that about the air on planes too, and it is just not true. Colds generally spread by viruses lingering in the air. I assume the Amtrak air is freshened from the outside, as it is on planes, contrary to what is often said. The whole notion of the body being weakened by rather small temperature changes is exaggerated too.

Thank you Caravanman for the bit of civility which is sometimes absent from this forum.

I'm flushed :wub: because my fingers are flush on my keyboard ready to flush out all the ideas I'm flush with on why this thread should be flushed. :p

I like Amtrak's soap. I think it smells like cherries and almonds. I can see why some guys might not like it, though, as it does fall on the "floral" end of the spectrum.

Maybe they'll come out with a soap that smells like beer and hot wings. ^_^
At the risk of losing my man card, I love the Amtrak hand soap. Maybe Lava could make a bar of soap that smells the same...............or Go Jo

I think thread has run its course and I will be locking the thread (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back