I took Amtrak instead of flying and it made me want to die a little bit

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ridden several trains, and flown multiple times. If given the choice, I’ll take the train.

When comparing the two, I already assume the train will take longer and I plan accordingly.

While Amtrak has it issues, the customer service is by far superior to that of the airlines. With one exception, I have always been treated with the up most respect by every Amtrak employee I have contacted with, some of them have gone way above and beyond what is to be expected. They appreciate my business, and will do what they can to may my experience enjoyable.

With the airlines, I have come to expect to be treated like a criminal with cooties or something. I get it. sometimes it is not their fault. I can hardly blame the TSA agents for the gate attendant telling people to sit down and wait while the plane is being fixed or whatever. Some of them act like they are doing us a favor by allowing us to pay for a ticket, plus the extra fees to get on a plane. I have even considered getting my own license and flying myself. At about $10,000.00, it just might worth it not to put up with some of the airline employee's attitude.

Back