I went on the Capital Limited to Washington and back

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

I probably do a bad job on trip reports but here it goes. it was 2hrs and 30mins late getting to Washington dc for freight train interference. The flex dining is average meals.. it tasted fine (first time trying flex dining). Lots of tunnels going to and from Washington DC and the scenery was nice. On my way back on the train i was in Transdom sleeper. I wish they would put coach passenger up front and sleepers in the rear of the train.. It seemed hard for me to sleep on the train. Maybe it is the noise of the trains going by or the train horn this time.. I felt like I slept better on the southwest chef. Train 29 hit a tree near Cumberland, MD and had to replace engines because of a broken head light. Lots of severe storms on the way back. Had a 3 hour late in because of it...

Any who, I would go again.. I don't let delays get me down.. I just enjoy the journey.

Thanks
Moosejunky99

I probably do a bad job on trip reports but here it goes.
Yours does the job! The transdorm is usually further from the engines when the Capital had a baggage car, I can't recall if it's currently running with 2 engines. Glad you enjoyed.

Yours does the job! The transdorm is usually further from the engines when the Capital had a baggage car, I can't recall if it's currently running with 2 engines. Glad you enjoyed.

It was running 2 engines that night. Was going so well. Dispatcher seemed to be letting us pass several freight trains. Then we got into Cumberland and poof busted head light and screwed hah..

It was 2 engines + 2 sleeps + cafe + 3 coaches if i remember correctly. No baggage car.

And i got into Chicago union Station at 1205pm and my bags came out at 1215pm and was able to make my metra home at 1230. So that was awesome ending.

Moosejunky99

Back