In-store special order

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce-C

Service Attendant
I am going to make an in-store special order at Lowe's in the near future. The home improvement purchase has to be built to order and cannot be ordered from the Lowe's on-line catalog.

Is there any way I can link this purchase to the AGR points for shopping site in order to receive 3 bonus points per $1 spent??

Unfortunately no. :(

Some stores allow in store pickups, but the purchase must be made online. (I think Best Buy is still one of the few.) Some of the stores like Office Depot and Home Depot that allowed in store pickups of online orders do not any longer give AGR points for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just ran into that with Home Depot. We're going to be buying a garage door for our shop (made to order). They said if we ordered it online, it had to be delivered (no in-store pickup), which costs so much extra where we live that it was not worth it for the points.

Some stores allow in store pickups, but the purchase must be made online. (I think Best Buy is still one of the few.) Some of the stores like Office Depot and Home Depot that allowed in store pickups of online orders do not any longer give AGR points for them.
Well that would make this quote from AGR a load of crap then:

With The Home Depot, customers can shop for over 300,000 products from the comfort and convenience of home and have them shipped directly, or pick up many items in-store the same day.
When did they put that policy up? The items I bought from Home Depot in December posted points for me a few weeks ago.

I can vouch that in-store pick-up still works for Lowe's. Did that last week, and have 146 points heading my way.

I can vouch that in-store pick-up still works for Lowe's. Did that last week, and have 146 points heading my way.
Are you talking about something that was bought on-line through the AGR portal first?

The item I am talking about cannot be ordered through the on-line catalog. It must be computer-built and special ordered in-store.

I am trying to find a way I can pay for it through the AGR points for shopping portal.

With The Home Depot, customers can shop for over 300,000 products from the comfort and convenience of home and have them shipped directly, or pick up many items in-store the same day.
When did they put that policy up? The items I bought from Home Depot in December posted points for me a few weeks ago.
In-store pick up IS still available for items ordered ON-LINE. If you have to special order it in-store, then the answer that the traveler gave was correct. In-store pick-up is totally different from special orders in-store.,Online order with in-store pick up YES, in-store special orders, NO.

In-store pick up IS still available for items ordered ON-LINE. If you have to special order it in-store, then the answer that the traveler gave was correct. In-store pick-up is totally different from special orders in-store.,Online order with in-store pick up YES, in-store special orders, NO.
June, re-read the_travelers post, which I bolded in this quote. He mistakenly said that Home Depot NO LONGER gave points for in-store pickups (and he corrected it later).

Not directly applicable but this is what I would do if I were in the OP's situation...

1. Sign up for Chase Ink Bold or Chase Ink Plus.

2. Purchase Home Depot gift cards at an office supply store.

3. Collect 5x UR points for every dollar spent.

4. Take the gift cards with you to Home Depot to pay for your custom in-store purchase.

5. Convert UR points directly to AGR points at 1:1 when your month closes.

$1,000 spent at Home Depot would net you 5,000 AGR points when done this way.

Some merchant on Points for Shopping that allow in store pickups do not give points for them. One is the mentioned Office Depot. Another is Bed, Bath and Beyond. You can order online from both and pickup in store.

The exclusions for both state

... in store pickups do not earn points
If you have it have it shipped, you earn points. If you pick it up, you do not. Luckily, both of these offer free shipping above a certain amount.

Devil's Advocate you might be really on to something!!!!!

Using Points for Shopping site and under Lowe's terms & conditions it states:

"Purchasing conditions: You will receive a lower reward when purchasing gift cards or tools". (Does anyone know what this reward is?)

Right now, Lowe's is offering 3 pts. per $1.00 spent in their on-line catalog.

If I purchase $2,000 worth of gift cards at let us say 1 pt. per $1.00 spent, plus The 1 pt. from my Chase Amtrak card and I'll make double points.

You should ask AGR. I once asked them about Sears which does a similar thing with certain products and they had a range from a third to a half of the stated points depending on what item I'm buying.

Back