Inaugural run of the new "Night Owl"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ran into a guy in my work who gerryrigged a coat hanger to his head using rubber bands to hold his cell phone against his face to livestream the entire train ride to his Facebook. He had something like 8 external batteries for the 10 hour trip. It was something else. The best part he would then ask the crew questions like a news journalist about the train like it's history, stats, etc.... I really made my boss overjoyed when one day he tried to ask me a question and I was like "Sir I'm not allowed to talk to members of the media without my boss present."

Somewhere I have a photo of this guy. The next few times I saw him if I noticed him walking my way I found something broken in the bathrooms, and supply closest.

There are some really good Youtube channels out there if you know where to look. I like Natasha's "Yeah Russia" an English speaking view of what it's like to grow up in Russia's Far East. The content is good without being all in your face.

Judging by the YouTube comments, he apparently rode Greyhound from Manhattan to Brooklyn once.
Yes, I saw that too. I believe we discussed that a while back in another thread. I am somewhat surprised that Greyhound would even sell that ticket, and further if they could even legally do so. While deregulation has been in effect for interstate commerce for decades, now; I believe that service within the state, and especially within one city might still be regulated by franchises....🤷‍♂️

It's a silly stunt, but the first run only happens once. It's just heartening to see a young railfan in the wild, isn't it?

Those Viewliner sleepers look really appealing after only riding Superliners in the West. Their top bunks are like coffins.

You are saying what I thought when I watched the video.

I also thought: young and foolish? I had a Nephew who did things like that.

Again, not really a fair analysis to say young and foolish.
His YouTube channel is very popular and he has to generate content for shock value, and general internet appeal.

The price to the content value ratio probably makes sense in his eyes, and maybe even makes him enough cask to either offset the cost, or turn a profit.

He has 761 subscribers and 53 videos. He's not doing this for any appeal, he's nowhere close to qualifying for the YouTube partner program, which means he gets no monetary benefit out of uploading his videos. He's doing it for fun. It's unfortunate that some people absolutely need to look for some reason for why people choose to do things for fun.

Back