Incident at Edison Station 11/27

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohannFarley

Service Attendant
NJ Transit's twitter feed in the past half hour has talked of delays and passenger detouring due to a trespasser event involving Amtrak, but I can't find any coverage, I'm guessing that its too soon for new stories. Although, living about a half mile from the station, About two hours ago I did hear a horn blaring for a good 20 seconds straight (a rather rare event here), so maybe that was the incident? Does anyone have any info?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the third incident on the NEC in the five days.

Last edited by a moderator:
People walk across the tracks right next to the station all the time. I see it every time I'm there. What gets me is they are walking across the tracks feet away from where the NEC passes over Plainfield Ave, and they could safely walk under the tracks. Most of them are people who work in the business Park on the north side of the tracks walking home on the other side.

Not to be selfish, but I'm glad I didn't let crew base talk me in to working that train like I did last year for the holiday... I almost did. I know it's going to be inevitable at some point during my career, but still doesn't make it any easier to face. I've been delayed heavily by being real close to four fatalities in the two years I've been here, and that's kind of both sad and scary. I feel bad for the entire crew, including the OBS, which appear to have been only with the company for less than a year.

I came through there on 1058 around 9:30 or so. We ended up stopping for about 25 min, and almost took on passengers from 2262. The area was swarming with emergency personnel, and I ended up seeing the body on track 1 & the platform, covered up by then, thankfully. Needless to say, the platform was closed. 2262 was about 2/3 of a mile east of the station on track 1. I also heard there was an arrest made at the station, so perhaps the person killed was not alone in crossing the ROW. Can't be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back