Info on Calif Capitols On-Time performance

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chief

Lead Service Attendant
Sunday afternoon 25 Jul, I'm travelling Sacramento to Richmond via a Capitols train to make BART connection for OAKland airport.

Locals here in SanFran have said NoCal Amtrak OT performance is bad, but they're co-workers and not rail buffs.

If anyone here has any recent heads-up on this, please reply as I don't want to miss my flight back to Texas. Thanks.

Capitols are doing pretty well: about 85-90% on time. Leave an extra 30-45 minutes JUST IN CASE something bad should happen and you should be ok.

There's some information here.

Basically, as stated, the trains seem to run on time about 90% of the time, but you never know when there will be a problem with a freight train, or broken levee, etc. A couple of weeks ago, a train in Sacramento was delayed by the presence of a private railcar containing former president George H.W. Bush.

BerkeleyBear said:
A couple of weeks ago, a train in Sacramento was delayed by the presence of a private railcar containing former president George H.W. Bush.
Aloha

The former president has a private rail car and what did he do for other passengers, he made them late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back