Interesting Article Opposing High Speed Rail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thought with regard to national security,
The lesson of importance in railway that Ukraine taught the world is notable.

Now of course, Ukraine doesn’t have the highways we have, but their railroads proved to be invaluable in evacuation of large numbers of people without creating crazy congestion on their roads.
This is so true!
The Ukrainian Railways system ( I won't even try to spell its name in Ukrainian! ) has not only delivered the goods, they have delivered millions of Ukrainians from the war zone to safety, either to Western Ukraine or to Poland. The employees of Ukrainian Railways have a lot to be proud of since they have been working right through the war and they have not hesitated to operate those trains in areas that are subject to Russian artillery fire!

This is so true!
The Ukrainian Railways system ( I won't even try to spell its name in Ukrainian! ) has not only delivered the goods, they have delivered millions of Ukrainians from the war zone to safety, either to Western Ukraine or to Poland. The employees of Ukrainian Railways have a lot to be proud of since they have been working right through the war and they have not hesitated to operate those trains in areas that are subject to Russian artillery fire!
As I was briefly an Army railroader, I found it interesting to talk with and read about U.S. Army Transport Corps and UK Royal Corps of Transport veterans from the Korean and World Wars. Of course, I supposed that this was just history!

Per this story High Speed Rail defined as over 300 kph that 186+ mph. I stopped right there, and did not even try to read the rest. Just another hit job.

So many layers of this onion we call High Speed Rail. Remember the good old days when 200 kph (125 mph) was the top speed, now it’s standard for a European night train to run that speed.

Did a google search and this story is going everywhere, just never heard of any of these platforms before. Copy and paste to provide content it seems. At least it listed as a opinion piece.

My opinion is to skip it.

Per this story High Speed Rail defined as over 300 kph that 186+ mph. I stopped right there, and did not even try to read the rest. Just another hit job.

So many layers of this onion we call High Speed Rail. Remember the good old days when 200 kph (125 mph) was the top speed, now it’s standard for a European night train to run that speed.

Did a google search and this story is going everywhere, just never heard of any of these platforms before. Copy and paste to provide content it seems. At least it listed as a opinion piece.

My opinion is to skip it.
It is an article from the Cato Institute. Enough said ;)

Last edited:
Back