Introduction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EMDF9A

Hello Folks,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is David. I am a long time lurker here who finally decided to join AU. I live in Seattle, and have been a frequent train traveller since before AMTRAK was formed. (My grandfathers were both NP men and my first ride on a train was the North Coast Limited in 1968). I am also a National Park Service Trails & Rails guide, having logged 25 trips between Seattle and Portland in the last two seasons.

Trips as a paying passenger usually are on 11/14 between Seattle/SAC/EMY or LA. I sometimes also continue on to San Diego.

I also do one 7/8 trip a year between Seattle & the Twin Cities.

I have also taken #6EMY/CHI and #3CHI/LA #8/7 SEA/CHI/SEA, and too many to count Cascades trips between Seattle & Van BC or Portland.

I hope some day to take #2 LA to NOLA (or beyond if they ever restore service)and travel the NEC. Although not AMTRAK, I also dream of taking The Canadian from Vancouver to Toronto in the winter... so I can sit in a real dome, have a cocktail, watch the snow fall & see the signals change as we pass, just like I did as a kid on the NCL (minus the cocktail.)

I look forward to joining the discussion here.

David

Seattle

Welcome David! Your stories about the Northern Pacific bring back many memories for me....I was also raised on the NP in North Dakota and have ridden the NCL a few times..... :)

Hi ! and welcome ~

Great group of folks here, but then you know that if you've been lurking.

They've answered a lot of my questions.

:hi:

Welcome David from another David!
hi.gif
(Good name by the way!
mosking.gif
)

Since you've been a lurker for awhile, you must have known that our most recent Gathering was in Seattle in October! Too bad you didn't join just a little sooner!
sad.gif

Welcome to the forum David!

It's always nice to have more input from folks who saw the days before Amtrak, which is all I've ever known domestically.

Don't be a stranger...

Since you've been a lurker for awhile, you must have known that our most recent Gathering was in Seattle in October! Too bad you didn't join just a little sooner!
Not everyone can be a social butterfly with a mobile penthouse, even if their name is Dave. :lol:

Welcome to AU. Some of us spent a few days in your delightful city of Seattle.

I hope you will enjoy being part of our group.

Welcome David,.. I'm also from the Seattle and am taking my first cross country train trip - Everett to Milwaukee, WI in December. I'm counting down the days!!!

Back