iPhone app

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
Is there a way to keep your reservation in the app? Every time I want to pull up my trip, I have to get the number of of the email sent by Amtrak

Is there a way to keep your reservation in the app? Every time I want to pull up my trip, I have to get the number of of the email sent by Amtrak
Did you make your reservation on Amtrak's website or through Amtrak Guest Rewards?

Like always on the website.
Are you logged into the app? It should come up at the bottom of the home screen if you're logged in. I had to re-log-in after the update last night.

If you are logged in, then I'm not sure what's going on...

Are you booking multi-city tickets?

Those don't seem to appear for me anymore unless I enter them manually each time. One-way and round-trip tickets work fine!

Like always on the website.
Are you logged into the app, though? Logging into the website is separate from logging into the app.

(Or is this an erroneous repeat of your first comment...)

If you want to look up your trips on the website without entering your trip number, go to "My Account", and you can view your Tripfolio. On the app, you have to log in, and the trip will show up at the bottom of the screen (unless it's multi-city or AGR, as mentioned earlier).

Did you ever call an agent and have anything changed (like a date, train, routing or even a room number)? Once an agent touches it, the reservation no longer shows up on the app or on your account!

Really? I don't think quite:

Earlier this month I took Acela to Boston and upgraded using one of my coupons. I was passing through Penn Station anyway two days (and within 48 hours) before and stopped by the ClubAcela (I'm S+) to process my upgrade. I got the usual paper eTicket to hold onto and much to my surprise my reservation wasn't lost in the app but survived and was updated to first class and I now have a First Class boarding pass in my iPhone passbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier this month I took Acela to Boston and upgraded using one of my coupons. I was passing through Penn Station anyway two days (and within 48 hours) before and stopped by the ClubAcela (I'm S+) to process my upgrade. I got the usual paper eTicket to hold onto and much to my surprise my reservation wasn't lost in the app but survived and was updated to first class and I now have a First Class boarding pass in my iPhone passbook.
Sounds like the upgrade was processed incorrectly as it should have dropped out of the App. Unless there has been some recent change that I haven't heard about.

Did you ever call an agent and have anything changed (like a date, train, routing or even a room number)? Once an agent touches it, the reservation no longer shows up on the app or on your account!
Actually, I just changed a reservation to change departure locations which changed the train in the first leg of my trip. And my updated trip shows up in the app. Funny thing is, the first two screens still show departing from Fort Worth, but you get in a little and it shows the updated Lamy.

In the first segment of the trip I am currently on, the e-ticket did not show the barcode. The conductor had to look it up on his manifest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back