is business class on NEC worth it?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's change venues for a moment and ask "Is Business Class on the Lincoln Service/Missouri River Runner worth it? In my case, it's only going to cost me an extra 500 AGR Points to find out but I'd appreciate any reviews.
Sue is correct, if you are on an AGR award in a sleeper, without an interuption in service, biz class is supposed to be included but not all agents do this automatically, you have to ask for it! The biz class cars on these trains is a cafe/club car that can either be on the front or back end, has 2X1 fake leather seating,very comfortable as opposed to coach which sometimes can be very full and loud! If its just an AGR run on points the 1,500 points vs. 1,000 is definitely worth it! (You'll have to sign for the one "free" drink you get but the comfort of the car is worth it for sure!) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite surprised by an earlier posting that mentioned business class on an amfleet was 2+2. Because when I've scooped the Downeaster in, I could have sworn it was 2 + 1. So that explains it, its only the combo car that has that arrangement then? Bloody comfortable though and gave me a great first impression of Amtrak.
Amfleet I Club-Dinette cars (24 table seats, 15 2+1 business class seats with legrests and footrests).
This is the car used on the Downeasters; you were right!

I got a business class upgrade on my last NEC trip with coupons, and it seemed worth it.

I was traveling with my kid on a child fare, and the business class car was the only one with a booth-style table.

The table can make the ride much more enjoyable for kids.

Out here in California we take table seating for granted in coach class :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back