Is long-term parking at CLT safe?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCrails

Train Attendant
Can anyone share their experience (or opinion, of which there are probably many :) ) about how safe a car would be in the CLT parking lot for several days? I'm aware of the neighborhood and have parked overnight once or twice, but never for a longer time.

I live 1.5 hours away from Charlotte and don't know anyone there, or I would rope them into letting me park in their driveway.

Can anyone share their experience (or opinion, of which there are probably many :) ) about how safe a car would be in the CLT parking lot for several days? I'm aware of the neighborhood and have parked overnight once or twice, but never for a longer time.

I live 1.5 hours away from Charlotte and don't know anyone there, or I would rope them into letting me park in their driveway.
I have parked there a few times for a week or more (once to Florida and the other time to NYC and Montreal). Never a problem.

If you are really concerned, you might also consider finding a motel that will let you leave your car free for a while. Most near the airport will do so if you stay overnight. Another choice is to leave it at Salisbury which seemed to be a nicer place to park it. Likely you can ask their police to keep an eye on it (We did that in Jessup, GA).

Coming from Asheville area?

@me_little_me: I appreciate your comments and suggestions! I'm not overly concerned, really, just wanted to get some feedback from others who've used the station more often. My own neighborhood is comparable to the area around the CLT station and I seldom have any problems. I've observed that organized property crime may be less likely in poorer areas like this, as professional thieves go to the rich neighborhoods for a better haul!

I suppose I could just depart from Columbia, but I'm tired of leaving and arriving in the wee hours. Since Charlotte's fairly close to us, we'll be able to watch the scenery rather than just sleep away the first hours.

I never had any issues parking. However, I also take out all my valuables and also park near the generator light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back