Is the Montrealer coming back or just the Vermonter?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows the exact status of the Maple Leaf - especially under the current circumstances. Every indication is that GO (Government of Ontario) Transit will provide service on a schedule remarkably similar to that of the Maple Leaf between Niagara Falls and Toronto whenever things get back to normal. A call to VIA Rail will only reveal that VIA "does not provide service between Niagara Falls and Toronto". As the eternal optimist I would like to think that means that Amtrak will run non-stop in Canada. :cool:
Let's hope! Riding in the BC Car on the Maple Leaf( although technically it's a VIA Train and not BC as VIA defined it) between Niagara Falls,ON and Oakville( Toronto) is much better than switching to a Go Train or Bus @ the Border!

Let's hope! Riding in the BC Car on the Maple Leaf between Niagara Falls,ON and Oakville( Toronto) is much better than switching to a Go Train or Bus @ the Border!
You're not wrong, but I have very mixed experience with Business Class on the Canadian side - like when they load all the US-bound passengers into one coach until you reach the border and you can claim your paid BC seat on the other side. I still have the letter from VIA stating they don't offer Business Class on this train.

You're not wrong, but I have very mixed experience with Business Class on the Canadian side - like when they load all the US-bound passengers into one coach until you reach the border and you can claim your paid BC seat on the other side. I still have the letter from VIA stating they don't offer Business Class on this train.
I always had a BC ticket bought through Amtrak, not VIA, and stayed in my BC Seat in the Cafe( they used to do Customs and Immigration on the Train, now you have to get off)going, and when I boarded in either Oakville or Toronto, same thing, even though as you say,technically VIA didnt offer BC on this Train in Canada.( it was the Best Deal going, $1 between Oakville or Toronto and the Border)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back