Is there a change in the Chase Card Points structure?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry H.

Conductor
I received a mail and email notice that Chase card would be giving three points for each month Oct though Dec with purchases of Groceries, Gas, and Resturants above 500 dollars. What I hadn't noticed till I was just reading the email one was the comment that the usual point per dollar spent "above the 500 amount" would still be credited..

Have I missed something are is that new. I thought the points were accrued for all the purchases on the Chase Card? Or is there a new limit of 500 before they start?

I wasn't targeted for this, but I think the words "... above the $500 amount ..." should in fact be "... BELOW the $500 amount ..."

My understanding is up to $500, you get 1/$ (as normal), but above $500 you get 3/$! But I could be wrong!

I received a mail and email notice that Chase card would be giving three points for each month Oct though Dec with purchases of Groceries, Gas, and Resturants above 500 dollars. What I hadn't noticed till I was just reading the email one was the comment that the usual point per dollar spent "above the 500 amount" would still be credited..
Have I missed something are is that new. I thought the points were accrued for all the purchases on the Chase Card? Or is there a new limit of 500 before they start?
There is no change in the regular credit card points accrual. The $500 minimum only applies to the promotional points for the targeted categories - groceries, gas, and restaurants. You will still earn the regular one point per dollar for all purchases with no minimum. Once you hit the $500 threshold for the targeted categories (all three totaled), you will earn an extra two points per dollar for additional spending in those categories. Spend $600 at the supermarket, gas station, and dining, and you'll get your usual 600 points, plus you will get an extra 200 points for the $100 spent over the $500 minimum.

The $500 minimum only applies to the promotional points for the targeted categories - groceries, gas, and restaurants.
Wow, I don't eat much, and work only a couple of miles from home. There is no way I could ever reach $500 in food and gas in any one month.

Back