It’s a train family reunion…maybe?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you envision reserving the 4 lower level Roomettes + the Family Bedroom + Accessible Bedroom on the same car. If available and not cost prohibitive, almost like having your own "private" car with all those bathrooms and showers thrown in. I know that this is a bit whimsical, but just a thought.

Just curious...Why roomettes on the CS if you are getting off in Monterey? Just don't want to do coach even though it's all daytime?
No they want the roomette experience. I mean we can also do biscuits
class here which is quite nice on the Starlight and some might take it.

No they want the roomette experience. I mean we can also do biscuits
class here which is quite nice on the Starlight and some might take it.
Well autospell…wish they had biscuits and gravy but I do need to tell yah grits on a train are the next best thing. Good on you Amtrak for keeping that particular tradition alive!

Can you envision reserving the 4 lower level Roomettes + the Family Bedroom + Accessible Bedroom on the same car. If available and not cost prohibitive, almost like having your own "private" car with all those bathrooms and showers thrown in. I know that this is a bit whimsical, but just a thought.
Oh that is the best combo yet! I’ll see If it can be booked!

I was wondering if that could work. I wonder about the H room. Can anyone book it?

To book the H rooms on both Superliners and Viewliners, must be an ADH passenger UNTIL a certain number of days before departure--then, if available, it is released to non ADA passengers. I do NOT know what that time constraint is. As I have mentioned in the forum in the past, I am a non ADA passenger and I like the Viewliner H room. I upgrade if available from a roomette just a few days before departure. These days, with high bedroom costs, price is always a consideration.

To book the H rooms on both Superliners and Viewliners, must be an ADH passenger UNTIL a certain number of days before departure--then, if available, it is released to non ADA passengers. I do NOT know what that time constraint is. As I have mentioned in the forum in the past, I am a non ADA passenger and I like the Viewliner H room. I upgrade if available from a roomette just a few days before departure. These days, with high bedroom costs, price is always a consideration.
It is my opinion, and generally agreed by others who have weighed in, that the Superliner Accessible Room is not nearly as desirable as the Viewliner one. The seating arrangement, sleeping arrangement, and bathroom set-up are not very good.

For your purposes, it's also on the opposite end of the car, separated from the other lower-level rooms by the stairway, luggage racks, bathrooms, and shower room.

But the Family Bedroom plus lower-level Roomettes sounds like a great idea, as long as you don't mind the lower level view.

Well I wrote this last year but it’s happening. The Texas Eagle will leave Longview Tx Dec 24th with 3 roomettes of Rouses and 1 Bedroom for the old folks. Since there is only one sleeping car as I understand it we’ll be most of it. Let me apologize in advance to the rest or you all Who may be on that Particular car coming down from Chicago. We will join up with the Sunset Limited with another couple of roomettes of Rouses and then roll in into Los Angeles a few days later for an on time departure up the coast to Salinas and am Ambus to Monterey.

i just can’t wait.

Back