Itineraries with Greyhound-operated Thruways now eTicketable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jebr

Enthusiastic Transit Rider
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
"The Last Great City of the East," St. Paul, MN
When booking some holiday travel the other day, I found that having a Greyhound segment on the itinerary no longer requires paper tickets for travel; Thruways operated by Greyhound now accept Amtrak eTickets. When I booked, the eTicket option was available and my itinerary shows just the eTicket QR code with the Amtrak Thruway service as "operated by Greyhound."

In related news, that same ticket notes that "Greyhound Conditions apply," but I don't see anything on the ticket specifying what that is, exactly, or what policies that affects. I'm guessing that it mainly refers to seating and baggage policies (Greyhound has more restrictive baggage policies than Amtrak) but it'd be nice if they had something easily findable (listed along with the other details at the bottom of the ticket) on what exactly that meant. A link to Greyhound's baggage policy would also be helpful.

At any rate, I'm excited that the connection allows eTickets now!

I believe and don't quote me on this cause I can't remember off the top of my head.. That Greyhound has been eTickets for some time now. I believe when I was at the Call Center it was. But please don't quote me as 100% accurate.
default_smile.png

Back