Jasper - Vancouver Via rail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!
I am travelling on the via rail trip from Jasper to Vancouver on Oct 26th (economy class) and was wondering if all services on board are available? Food/drink etc? Wasn’t sure if it was still limited due to covid.
Also is the observation deck open for economy class?
Also is this trip likely to be busy? I know it’s shoulder season so not too many people around then. (I snore sometimes when I sleep so I’m concerned about disrupting other people nearby me with it!)

Any tips about this trip would be great! Thanks

Economy class has it's own Skyline dome car. That Skyline also has food and beverage service.

You will not be allowed back of that Skyline into the rest of the train, but you can enjoy that Skyline's dome and amenities.

That time of year there will likely be only one coach, so it could be a bit crowded.

Hello!
I am travelling on the via rail trip from Jasper to Vancouver on Oct 26th (economy class) and was wondering if all services on board are available? Food/drink etc? Wasn’t sure if it was still limited due to covid.
Also is the observation deck open for economy class?
Also is this trip likely to be busy? I know it’s shoulder season so not too many people around then. (I snore sometimes when I sleep so I’m concerned about disrupting other people nearby me with it!)

Any tips about this trip would be great! Thanks
Zephyr17 covered it well!

I'm wondering if VIA still issues Pillows and Blankets to Coach Passengers like they used to do before the Pandemic.??

I know the one time I rode in Coach (from Edmonton to Winnipeg) they did, and the Seats were very Comfortable.

Economy class has it's own Skyline dome car. That Skyline also has food and beverage service.

You will not be allowed back of that Skyline into the rest of the train, but you can enjoy that Skyline's dome and amenities.

That time of year there will likely be only one coach, so it could be a bit crowded.
I thought they always ran two coaches, minimum, all year? I have not been a keen Canadian observer for a few years but that had historically been the case?

Also, I am on that same train from TO to Vancouver!

Like Amtrak (and airlines) additional capacity may be added around major holidays. For the Canadian this might include days adjacent to Canadian Thanksgiving (October 10 this year) and the period around Christmas/New Year's. This may account for differing memories of how many coaches were running. Looking at the OP's mid-week travel, I'd bet on the minimum and be pleasantly surprised if there's more.

Back