Joe Biden Campaign Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of the legend about Dick Tuck, the Democratic prankster who, as Richard Nixon was speaking from the observation car of his campaign train, signaled the engineer to pull out before Nixon finished his speech.

This is nice to see. Joe has been a long time commuter from Delaware to Washington DC. I am happy to see him supporting Amtrak. Wilmington named their train station after him.

From Wikipedia...
Joseph R. Biden, Jr., Railroad Station, also known as Wilmington station, is a passenger rail station in Wilmington, Delaware. One of Amtrak's busiest stops, it serves nine Amtrak train routes and is part of the Northeast Corridor. It also serves SEPTA Regional Rail commuter trains on the Wilmington/Newark Line as well as DART First State local buses and Greyhound Lines intercity buses. Built in 1907 as Pennsylvania Station, the station was renamed in 2011 for then-Vice President and former U.S. Senator Joe Biden, an advocate for passenger rail who routinely took the train from Wilmington to Washington, D.C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington_station_(Delaware)

There are some nice online shots of Mr. Biden and his party on-board the train . Very flattering view of the Viewliner especially. Makes me wonder how many people will see them and say "I didn't know Amtrak had cars like that!" Hopefully he (and others) will continue to do rolling advertisements like this. It can't hurt.

MODERATOR NOTE: a few "political comments" were removed and the thread was locked to avoid additional political comments. If any member has their own photos of the campaign train and would like to post them, please contact an admin by PM.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back