"JULIE"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

had8ley

Engineer
I'm not much on new technology but I did try to book a sleeper on Julie today. She said, "Sorry, you need to talk to an agent." Is it like this all the time and if so wouldn't it be better for Amtrak to say "Julie will book your coach res but you must speak to an agent to book sleeper space?"

Julie is even more brain dead than Amtrak's website. Needless to say she can't seem to deal with anything I'd ever call about. I know Arrow has all sorts of weird legacy limitations, but none of those explain why the front end systems have their hands so tied up. Let me pick my own room, make approved changes, and do anything else that exists within the obvious rules. Let the reservations staff deal with actual problems and true complications that require a critical and thinking mind to resolve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing here. One of the online times I call Amtrak is when I need to book a last minute ticket on the Vermonter, which means I'll be paying on board. I can give Julie all my information, but then she transfers me to an agent to give me a boarding code. Why can't Julie just give me the boarding code and be done with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back