Keep It Up TEMPO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Longview, TX station is an embarrassment. TEMPO or AMTRAK should recommend tearing the whole thing down and starting anew.

I get that access is easier than Marshall, but what a much better station they have.

Glad someone is on the City Of Longview about this mess they call a "station".

The Longview, TX station is an embarrassment. TEMPO or AMTRAK should recommend tearing the whole thing down and starting anew.I get that access is easier than Marshall, but what a much better station they have.

Glad someone is on the City Of Longview about this mess they call a "station".
Why not switch the bus stop from Longview to Marshall, which as you say has a much better station! No point in wasting money rehabing

that old dreary building in Longview when the Marshall station is already done! Of course pax are not allowed to get off in Marshall for a smokebreak even though there are two spots of the train and the crew change! No real good reason it couldnt be done IMO! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The crew change already is in Marshall.

The bus stop can't be Marshall because the station is not ADA--there's no way to get a wheelchair from the parking lot to the train (the lift down into the tunnel doesn't work.) We should be getting 2 new wheelchair lifts soon which will bring the Marshall station to ADA compliant, but that's why the busses go to Longview.

And the money is essentially in place to refurbish the Longview station. Longview is a bigger city than Marshall, and serves the Tyler market better than Marshall could. The Texarkana station restoration is also in the works, as that one is just as bad as L'view.

Thanks for the info Blake and congrats on the Tempo slot! We appreciate those of you that keep us informed with real info and volunteer their time! Still don't understand why the pax cant get off in Marshall since its a crew change ,would like to see the station up close, it looks great from the train! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The crew change already is in Marshall.
The bus stop can't be Marshall because the station is not ADA--there's no way to get a wheelchair from the parking lot to the train (the lift down into the tunnel doesn't work.)
Yep, I noticed that when I was there last.

Has anyone considered a ground level wheelchair path to the parking lot? NOT for all passengers, but just those not able to use the tunnel.

(With a larger staff there, it might be a worthwhile idea to abandon the tunnel and go with the ground level access....)

I don't think the Longview station is all that bad. It is small, and could certainly use some sprucing up, but it's not the worst Amtrak station by far.

Any of you know about the "station" in Beaumont, TX?

Now, that one really needs some serious work!!!

Bill

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back