King St Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh2

Service Attendant
Is King St Seattle a safe walk to get the train early morning?

Are there any places open about 6-6:30 to get coffee/breakfast?

Yes, it is safe to walk around. Be aware that the immediate area does have homeless and you will see people sleeping on the sidewalk. There are coffee places around. For a full breakfast (eggs, etc), the earliest place to open close is McCoy's Firehouse, which opens at 8am.

You didn't indicate which area you were staying in but Seattle has LOTS of Coffee places!

You shouldn't have trouble finding a place to grab a cup! McCoys Firehouse is a good recommendation if you have the time before catching your train!

As was said there are lots of homeless and panhandlers around that area but it's because a couple of missions are located close to King St. Station. Safety is not a problem, the rain is a bigger concern! ( Sorry Charlie!)

Several of our members live in Seattle and I'm sure they have good info to share!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are staying at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Will check out ahead of time the coffee places listed!

Not big on Starbucks (Dunkins is more my speed) but a blonde roast will do in a pinch.

Thanks for the suggestions!

If anyone has time to throw out suggestions for lunch/dinner, would love to hear 'em!

Going to do the touristy stuff as this is our first time in Seattle but for good eats, local places usually pan out better.

When it comes to Seattle there's really only two words that applies to food: Seafood and Asian ( the International District next to King Street Station has several authentic places!!!! )

The Pike Market has lots of good Seafood joints and there are plenty of upscale joints in Seattle too!

Several of our members live in Seattle and can give you good advice!

( paging Charlie Hamilton!)

Pooh, there is a huge variety of food options available. Since you're staying at the Fairmont, I'll assume that you can afford to splurge a bit. Here are some of my favorites, in alphabetical order.

There are many cheaper places as well. Check out The Stranger's picks.

I don't know about early morning near King Street station (I sleep late) . The neighborhood is safe, the bums don't hassle you.

What Charlie said is true, especially the bit about "Check out The Stranger's picks."

I'll add that Elliot's often has an "Oyster happy hour" early afternoons - me and my son have done a few dozen on the half shell every few years. Yummy.

There's so much reasonably priced good food in Seattle - hope you find some :) "It's everywhere It's everywhere"

<edit> and there is some overpriced tasteless food also - but we all knew that already>

Pooh, there is a huge variety of food options available. Since you're staying at the Fairmont, I'll assume that you can afford to splurge a bit. Here are some of my favorites, in alphabetical order.

There are many cheaper places as well. Check out The Stranger's picks.
Actually staying on points for free so this is out of my league! First time at a Fairmont.

We usually go for pub/grill type places.

Going to check out the menus for the places you listed. Thankyou!

Actually staying on points for free so this is out of my league! First time at a Fairmont.

We usually go for pub/grill type places.
Okay, then, here are some other options.

The first three are in Capitol Hill, easy to get to from the brand-new Capitol Hill light rail station (And near where I live -- PM me and we can meet for lunch! :) ) The last one is downtown, and an easy walk from King Street.

For Lunch... go to Pikes Place. So much good food there. Walk up and down and try to decide what to try!

Beechers Handmade Cheese - Macaroni and Cheese, Paninis, etc.

Piroshky Piroshky - Russian Perogies and Pastries.

Pike Place Fish Market - They have a menu of FRESH seafood cooked to order.

Those are a few of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back