L.A. proof of vaccination (in Lounge)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaxacajo

Train Attendant
Will the new L.A. law regarding showing proof of vaccination effect the L.A. Metropolitan Lounge?

In NYC, you have do the same thing for their new Lounge upstairs in the new station.

I can’t answer about the lounge at LAUS. I can tell you that Los Angeles is starting to show concern about an increase in COVID to the point they have again opened Dodger Stadium for free testing. It’s open 9 til 4, 7 days a week.

Reactions: Cal
I can’t answer about the lounge at LAUS. I can tell you that Los Angeles is starting to show concern about an increase in COVID to the point they have again opened Dodger Stadium for free testing. It’s open 9 til 4, 7 days a week.
Cases in LA county may be up but hospitalizations haven't been. They are about 1/3 of what they were in late August. The numbers today indicate 605 hospitalized with a 14 day rolling average of 645. The peak for LA county was over 8,000 back in early January of this year.
https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID-19HospitalsDashboard/Hospitals?:embed=y&:showVizHome=no

I think testing is very important, but I prefer the NYC approach of having mobile units NYC and 40 additional contract units) all over the city so no one has to go very far, or wait too long. On a regular basis I go to a mobile unit about 10 mins away, they do a rapid test (now including flu) and a regular. Rapid reports back in around 20 mins (text or e-mail) PCR the next day. We have regular fixed locations set up also, but the mobile units make it super fast and easy. Some go to the same places all the time, 6-7 days a week, some go to different spots for a day or two, or a week, and then go to different spots. open till 7pm walk up, no charge. Tons of urgent cares and other medical facilities and pharmacies also offer rapid, regular, or both.covid.jpgcovid2.jpg

What is LAUS?

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was referred to as LAX.
LAX is the station code.
LAUS is an acronym use for the station. We also sometimes use CUS for Union Station in Chicago and WUS for Union Station in Wash D.C. to refer to the buildings not the station code. Sometimes the stations are moved from one location to another, but their code stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back