LA Union Station first class lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rms492

Service Attendant
Hello, where is the first class lounge for sleeper passengers located at Los Angeles Union Station?

I have never seen it, nor any signs pointing to it.

Do I have to check in to use it at the ticket window, or assuming I can find it, can I just walk to it with e-tickets in hand?

Thanks

My understanding is that it’s on the second floor but I don’t know where. I’ll find out on Friday when I arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

If you are entering through the front door and walking through the main / old waiting area when you pass underneath the arch there is a Starbucks to your left and a hallway to baggage check / thruway busses to your right, go down that hallway and on your left there will be an elevator / stairway to the second floor where the lounge is.

Lots of station staff are around that hallway, so if you get lost (like I did) just ask.

Correction!

From the main waiting room, you turn RIGHT! (This is the opposite direction of baggage claim & the buses.) Go past the ticket windows to the end off the hallway & turn left. Take the elevator on your left to the 2nd floor.

As I recall, there are some signs once you're heading down the hallway crescent-zephyr and the_traveler are referring to, but they are rather small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for the rental car counters just past the Amtrak Ticket counters. There is a big sign in a holder on your right pointing to the elevators, there are two, that take you up a level to the lounge.

Hello, where is the first class lounge for sleeper passengers located at Los Angeles Union Station?

I have never seen it, nor any signs pointing to it.

Do I have to check in to use it at the ticket window, or assuming I can find it, can I just walk to it with e-tickets in hand?

Thanks
If detraining,when you leave the tunnel entering the Waiting Room, turn left down the hall past the Amtrak ticket counters to the to tbe Rent Car desk, then turn left ( there is a sign) and take the elevator up one floor( there are 2).
Turn left to the door,enter and check in with the friendly attendant.

If you're leaving and enter the Great Waiting Room from the front,turn Right down the hall when you reach the Starbucks, and then follow the above steps.

You can also use a Redcap to/from the platforms to the Lounge if you don't want to make the walk down the tunnel and up/down the ramp to the platforms.

Didn't we have an interesting discussion on what is or isn't considered "first class" on Amtrak? I know they use that terminology for some unattended lounges.

Well - specifically it's the Metropolitan Lounge, and it's open to sleeping car passengers, business class passengers, and anyone with AGR Select Plus/Executive status as well as United Airlines reciprocal privileges.

The Lounge is a bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. Comfortable seating, clean restrooms, both agents whom I encountered were quite pleasant and helpful, and good snacks and beverages are available. I'd strongly suggest that you use the services of a Red Cap to get to/from your train and to/from the Lounge.

Well - specifically it's the Metropolitan Lounge, and it's open to sleeping car passengers, business class passengers, and anyone with AGR Select Plus/Executive status as well as United Airlines reciprocal privileges.
Not at Metropolitan Lounges -- United Club access is only provided at ClubAcela locations.

One thing to note... this lounge does not have a baggage storage room. The agents allow you to store your bags along the side of the wall but it's not really a dedicated storage room like in Chicago, DC, and New York. You may or may not care about that detail but it can be a bit of a surprise if you're used to the other stations.

One thing to note... this lounge does not have a baggage storage room. The agents allow you to store your bags along the side of the wall but it's not really a dedicated storage room like in Chicago, DC, and New York. You may or may not care about that detail but it can be a bit of a surprise if you're used to the other stations.
Does LA Union Station offer baggage storage?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

You can daystore bags in the luggage room for (I think) $5 per bag. But if you have access to the Metropolitan Lounge, why not leave them there for $-0- per bag?
default_huh.png
They are kept right behind the agent’s desk!

I would imagine it would depend on what you have in the bag. If I was attending a fancy party and had my circa 1855 solid silver Breguet pocket watch on me, I would rather pay to check it. Although I doubt Amtrak would actually cover its value. Or that I will change my pattern of leaving it in my safe deposit box and winding it every six months or so.

It's a nice spot to hang out. You can park your bags for free, then head over to Phillipe's for chow.

For those sleeper or business class passenger arriving/departing on a train, redcaps will gladly take you directly to/from the LA Metro lounge back door, which is on the same level as the train platforms.

Back